Belltable:Connect, supported by the Arts Council, wishes to commission 2-3 scripts to be researched and developed in 2019. The call is open to playwrights living and working in Ireland. The commissioned artists will be expected to deliver two drafts of their scripts before 1 January 2020.
- €4,000 per project
AIMS OF THE COMMISSION:
- To provide playwrights with space, support and financial resources to research and deliver two drafts of a new piece of theatrical work.
- To encourage local audience interest in new plays.
- To positively impact within the Limerick theatre community.
- Submissions are welcome from Ireland-based professional playwrights/theatre artists.
- Applications should be innovative and interesting within a local context.
- Proposals must clearly demonstrate a close fit with the aims of the commission.
- Various approaches and levels of engagement are welcomed. Collaborative partnerships are also welcome, should playwrights wish to partner together – please note that the commissioning fee is per project, not per playwright.
- The proposed script must be original work to the applicant, not previously licensed or performed and not infringing the rights or copyright of any third party.
WHAT BELLTABLE PROVIDES:
- Support, advice and the commissioning fee.
- Desk space with wifi as and when needed.
- Rehearsal, workshop space as and when needed.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications can only be made via email to Marketa Dowling, Belltable Programme Manager: email@example.com . Please email the filled out application form only – no additional materials will taken into consideration.
This is a competitive process. The successful commissionees will be selected based on the fit with the criteria, proven track record in theatre production, script proposal, as well as who we consider would best engage local audiences and who would have a positive impact within the Limerick theatre community.
Application deadline: 5pm 19th April 2019.
Download application form HERE.