Professional theatre artists and ensembles are invited to submit proposals for projects to be researched and/or developed in 2018 at Belltable Hub. The residency is open to theatre artists of all disciplines living and working in Ireland and is for a period of one year, January to December 2018.
The artist or ensemble in residence will be expected to share their work with the public and/or peers, as appropriate (work in progress showing, talk, etc). Of particular interest are applications from artists who wish to premiere new work in Belltable towards the end of their residency and/or who wish to engage with local artists during the residency.
AIMS OF THE RESIDENCY:
- To provide professional theatre artists with space and support for research, experimentation, practice development and/or performance of new work
- To provide local professional theatre community with opportunities for professional development and interaction
- To further develop theatre practice in Limerick City.
- Submissions are welcome from Irish or Ireland-based professional theatre practitioners in all disciplines, individuals and ensembles/ companies/ collectives/ groups of artists
- Applicants must be willing to work an agreed amount of time of the residency in Belltable Hub in Limerick City
- Applicants should demonstrate a close fit with the aims of the residency
- Focus on work that will be innovative and interesting within a local context
- Applicants must have the financial capacity to undertake the residency on the basis of what Belltable can provide (see below)
- Applicants must either be in possession of or be able to obtain a valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proposals are welcome for different stages of project development and can include exploration, research, development, rehearsals and production weeks.
- Proposals must have a clear vision of timeline and level of engagement between the artist/ ensemble and Belltable.
WHAT BELLTABLE PROVIDES:
- A dedicated desk space with wifi for the duration of the residency
- Rehearsal, workshop space as needed
- Stipend of up to €5,000 for the duration of the residency (larger funds might be available through joint funding applications)
- Listing in newsletters and website.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applications can only be made via email to Marketa Dowling, Belltable Programme Manager: email@example.com and must include:
Filled out application form including:
- A short biography, no more than 500 words, stating professional theatre engagements
- Proposal for residency (500-1000 words) – outline your project and proposed timeline of activities
- Live links to examples of work (if appropriate) – please include links only (dropbox, youtube, vimeo, etc), no attachments will be accepted.
This is a competitive process. The successful artist or ensemble will be selected based on the fit with the criteria, proven track record in theatre production, residency proposal, as well as who we consider would make the best use of the facilities available and who would have a positive impact on the Limerick theatre community.
Application deadline: midnight 19th March 2017.